PERSOMA Management, Inc. > Non-profit organizations > Leadership and Transition
Finding and Growing New Leaders
- Facing a change in executive leadership? In some cases it may be the departure of a long-time leader or even a founder. In others, normal turnover has resulted in the need to identify new executive leadership. Such transitions are a major challenge to an organization.
- For the Board of Directors, it is a major "board moment" that is a pure board decision.
- For the staff, consumers, and other stakeholders, new leadership is perhaps the major factor in their perception of the organization's future.
- Even when the departure of leader is not imminent, the development of leadership within the ranks is a key organizational capacity that is often overlooked.
We are experienced consultants to nonprofit human service organizations who can help organizations to:
- Understand the value of leadership.
- Determine those leadership qualities that equal success.
- Prepare a board and staff for transition.
- Build an orderly yet aggressive transition plan.
- Identify clear selection criteria.
- Advise decision makers.
- Develop leadership models for executive management.
- Provide executive coaching.
- Provide transitional executive services.