PERSOMA Management, Inc. > Non-profit organizations > Leadership Development
A Leadership Model is a blueprint for success - your organizations customized plan for leadership development.
Advantages of Developing a Leadership Model:
- Educate staff on key issues regarding individual and team leadership.
- Identify leadership characteristics that match the stated organizational philosophy.
- Involve the leadership staff in identifying a unique set of leadership characteristics and relating them directly to organizational issues.
- Describe actual behaviors in the work place that indicate leadership.
- Determine how the leadership characteristics will be used for growth / development, evaluation, selection, promotion, modeling for others, etc.
- Outline how leadership characteristics can be measured.
- Encourage high-level managers to invest in personal leadership development that will, in turn, deliver increased capacity to the organization.
- Provide observable and documented commitment by the organization to effective management training.
- Provide a basis for longer-term management/leadership development.
The cultivation of leadership within an organization may be the single most important factor in the strategic success of that organization.