PERSOMA Management, Inc. > Corporate services > Communication Skill Building
Innovative Conversational Techniques For Effective Workplace Communication Training
- The ability of people to understand each other is a complex, ongoing subject.
- Effective communication among people in the workplace improves productivity and positively impacts the bottom line - Work gets done correctly and in a timely fashion without having to review and clarify several times.
- Think about how often progress is slowed because of conflict, conflict avoidance or because of other communication.
- In the non-profit world, there are many who are trained in the helping professions. Their sensitivity to others can be a liability in a management role where the message that needs to be communicated is not always a pleasant one.
- Communication difficulties are a common concern in every work setting, regardless of the nature of the work culture.
We offer three training components that we believe are core aspects of this concern:
- How to Have a Difficult Conversation
- How to Communicate with Difficult People
- Win -Win Conflict Resolution
We customize programs to meet your organizations needs and budget:
- Offered as separate trainings or as a package.
- Customized to suit the amount of available time and investment.
- Multi-session packages to promote case discussion and group interactive participation.
- Follow up coaching to reinforce the implementation of the learning.
The relationship with your supervisor is known to be the single most important correlate of employee retention.
Our Featured Training program "How to Have Difficult Conversations" is outlined below
Managing Difficult Conversations: a practical approach to increase workplace effectiveness (A Tool for every Leader's Toolbox)
When people avoid difficult conversations, what happens:
- Relationships deteriorate – meaningful relationships are key to staying aligned with business objectives.
- Energy Drain – the discomfort associated with the problem drains energy and enthusiasm.
- Distraction/Loss of Focus –others sense the stress and tension.
- Decline in performance - loss of focus and energy lead to a less committed co-worker.
What you will learn in this workshop:
- Why should I have a difficult conversation?
- What types of interactions make a difficult conversation?
- What kinds of people make conversations difficult?
- What competencies are needed to successfully manage difficult conversations?
- How to initiate and successfully carryout a difficult conversation.